Northern Colorado Intertribal Powwow Association
Fall "Contest and Fund-Raising" Powwow
"Healthy Living Through Traditional Dancing - Get Up and Dance!"
Saturday, October 11, 2008
NCIPA Princess 2008-2009 - Miss Katrina Her Many Horses
Everyone is welcome and invited!!
*This is where we started with our powwows, and we are excited to return to the newly-renovated facility.
- General admission - $4; children under 12 - $2; 5 and under - free
- Free admission for all registered Dancers and Singers. Must register in lobby before entering the gym/powwow. Singers must specify drum group name.
- Other donations accepted at the door and are very much appreciated!
- Arts and Crafts vendors:
- Update: 10/08/2008 - YES, Vendor spaces are still available. Bring your application to the powwow!
- 10 x 10 space - $75 -- cash or money order only if paying at the powwow.
- Spaces will be in the same room as the powwow!
- Bring your own tables and chairs.
- Vendor agreement
- Vendor application (html)
- Door prizes ($1.00 chance for great prizes), 50/50 jackpots
- Drums: All drum groups invited. Visiting drums will be paid $50/session. Must make Roll Call scheduled 15 minutes before Grand Entries. PA System will be provided. Singers, please bring your own chairs.
- Gourd Dancing - all gourd dancers invited
- Head staff -
- Spiritual Advisor: Harrison Burnside
- Master of Ceremonies: Michael Alley
- Arena Director: Randy Medicine Bear
- Head Gourd Dancer: Wes Wildcat
- Host Northern Drum: Mile High
- Host Southern Drum: Pawnee Spotted Horse
- Honor Guard: CSU Native Student Veterans
- Intertribal and social dancing.
- Limited bleacher seating. Bring your own lawn chairs.
- Native Food concession featuring Indian Tacos and frybread, stew, etc.! Will also have frito pie, hotdogs, coffee, soft drinks, and water..... Please support the powwow by buying from our food concession. This may even increase the prize money for some categories!!
- 7:00 - begin setup for arts and crafts vendors
- 9:30 - ground blessing
- 10:00 - 12:30 - gourd dancing
- 1:00 - grand entry
- 5:30 - gourd dancing
- 7:00 - grand entry
- ~10:30 - close
- Special and Regular Contests (subject to change):
- Golden Age Men's Special (50+) - In honor of Vern NightWalker, Ute - 3 places ($200, $150, $100)
- Golden Age Women Special (50+) - In honor of Audrey Wadena, Omaha - 3 places ($200, $150, $100)
- Men's Northern Traditional Old Style Special (18+)- 1st - $200; 3 $20 consolations - (Martha)
- Spectator Dance Special - everyone (without dance regalia) invited to dance
- Intertribal and Grand Entry Specials (all ages, all categories) - dance your style, dance with your heart, dance for those who can't - prizes tba - In honor of Cletis Cayou, Omaha - sponsored by community members
- Tiny Tots (0-5) - sponsored by Peter Jacobs
- Jr. Boys' Combined (6-12) - 3 places ($50, $40, $30, 3-$20 consolations) - sponsored by Megan Rinehart, Southwestern Wyoming Intertribal Powwow Association Jr. Princess
- Jr. Girls' Combined (6-12) - 3 places ($50, $40, $30, 3-$20 consolations) - sponsored by Crow Creek Publishing
- Teen Boys' Combined (13-17) - 3 places ($100, $75, $50, 3 $25 consolations)
- Teen Girls' Combined (13-17) - 3 places ($100, $75, $50, 3 $25 consolations)
- Adult contests (18+) -
($200, $150, $100)
- Men's Traditional (N&S combined), Grass, Fancy
- Women's Traditional (N&S combined), Jingle, Fancy Shawl
- Extra points will be given for grand entry participation (regular contests).
- . If you want to sponsor a special contest, please email us.
- City of Fort Collins Fort Fund
- City of Fort Collins Northside Aztlan Community Center
- Crow Creek Publishing, Cheyenne, WY
- Megan Rinheart - Southeast Wyoming Intertribal Powwow Association Jr. Princess
- Peter Jacobs
- Seeking additional sponsors for contests.... tax-deductible.....
- VOLUNTEERS - we need you!! Please email us if you are able to volunteer. There are many opportunities available to help (before, during, and after the powwow). We are also a non-profit organization and can help YOU fulfill your community service hours.
- This is a Family event. Drugs, Alcohol, Weapons are PROHIBITED! Sponsors not responsible for loss of articles, etc. Please watch your children and your personal property.
- Our Spring Powwow will be held April 11-12, 2009 at The Ranch Larimer County Fairgrounds First National Bank Exhibition Hall.