Attending: Kay Lannen, Jeff Wood, Judi Urlocker, Barbara Clayton, Steve Tucker, Jennifer Ochwat, Janet Krech, Eric Williams, Pam Harrington, Sara Hart,
and Dean Gould. (Den not represented was #12)
Location: Harmony Presbyterian Church
Kay Lannen chaired the meeting.
Treasurer's Report from Pam Harrington
The current balance was reported to be $5967.20
Pam will do the Treasurer's duties until May 1, 2004. Therefore, we need to find a new volunteer to take over as Treasurer.
Helping Hand Award Nominations:
Kay asked for Helping Hand Award Nominations. Janet Krech nominated Paul Carlton. Jeff Wood said he would e-mail Kay his nomination.
Quick Feedback on Scouting for Food:
One den reported on how they did scouting for food. This year, they put out the flyers several days before on every door. Then on Saturday, they collected the food without ringing any doorbells.
It was also mentioned that it was nice to have Troop 97 collecting food with Pack 191. The younger scouts had a chance to talk to the older scouts about a variety of topics.
A comment was made that the maps were very well done!
The only point of confusion was about times and meeting places with the older scouts. An idea for next year is to make an announcement at the PACK meeting before hand to clarify the times and meeting places.
Blue & Gold Celebration:
The committee thought it was well done and there will be a team working together to do it for next year. The cub scouts who attend the Blue & Gold celebration will get a Fiesta Patch. If any leaders want a patch, they need to contact Jennifer Ochwat.
The Derby will be on March 27, 2004 at "The Square". (Weigh-in is March 26).
**Please note race times on the attached sheet.**
Jennifer Ochwat mentions that she has more derby kits available. Scouts get theirs free. Unused kits need to be returned to Jennifer.
Awards forms are due on April 15, 2004 to Jennifer Ochwat.
All Den Leaders are required to turn in Service Request forms to Jennifer Ochwat at the April committee meeting. This can be done on any piece of paper. The report needs to state how many years each scout in your den has been in scouting.
March Pack Meeting:
Judy and Janet will do one song (or two) about the Pinewood Derby.
Announcements that need to be made include Day Camp, Need a new Treasurer, Need an Assistant Cubmaster, and need a Popcorn Kernel for next fall.
Bacon/Werner Pack Split:
Kay passed out a memo with some commonly asked questions concerning the Pack split. The memo also had what answers were known at this time. Kay needs Den leaders to ask the scouts if they will be staying in Pack 191 next year.
Kay told of some ideas she has for recruiting more scouts.
In the spring a pre-registration letter thru the Werner, school newsletter to get those who are interested. Also, go into the kindergarten and first grade classrooms to tell the boys about scouting.
Then at back to school night in the fall do a 10-minute slide show. Woody said he could take any still photos and make them into a video. This would take 40-50 hours of work so the committee decided to go another route. The committee will ask if any one knows how to do this on Power Point so it can be changed every year. Kay will check with Tim Johnson about maybe doing this.
Software Tools Demo:
On March 23, 2004, there will be a meeting at 7pm at Tim Johnson's house. (6420 Garrison Ct). Tim will demo some software that we may want to use for our packs and dens. If interested in attending, contact Kay at 225-0452 or Tim at 207-1593.
The next Committee meeting will be April 1, 2004 at 6pm at the Harmony Church.